University Librarian at the University of Rwanda in Kigali -- Vacancy Announcement Ref: DVC-FA: 0510/2014Did you see the vacancy announcement for a university librarian at the University of Rwanda? It is still open until the end of the month.
Job title: University LibrarianReport to: Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Research.
CLICK "READ MORE" FOR MORE INFORMATION
Minimum requirements:• PhD Degree in Libary Sciences from an accredited university;
• At least 5 years of workning experience in the related field.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:• Demonstrable working knowledge of current technology, software, and automated library systems;
• Demonstrable leadership and excellent communication skills;
• Experience managing a budget for a department, project, team or committee;
• Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to think strategically, be forward thinking and embrace change.;
• Demonstrable experience working in a team-based environment;
• Evidence of sustainable participation in professional development activities;
• Experience managing a department, project, team;
• Willingness to travel and work a flexible schedule, ability to use the tools and standards internal and external to the library.
Tenure and appointmentThe University of Rwanda (UR) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women and persons with disabilities. In addition, there shall be attractive allowances and other benefits as approved by the Board of Governors.
Application procedures:• Applicants should submit their letters of intent and curriculum vitae to the University of Rwanda, Deputy Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration office and send a soft copy to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ;
• Copy of Degrees, Transcripts, ID or Passport;
• Names of three (3) referees;
• Only applicants meeting all the minimum requirements shall be shortlisted and called for interviews;
• Shortlisted candidates will be required, as part of the interviews, to make a presentation on t be given topic.
• All applicants are here informed that UR official Language of Communication is English.